Cayenne pepper is used in alternative, complementary, and herbal therapies to help aid in detoxification, improve your heart health and has been stated that it can stop a heart attack within thirty seconds, boost your energy, and improve circulation. It had also been said that it can be used to treat stomach ulcers and clear congestion in your sinuses.
Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
1. Treats many symptoms of medical conditions—cayenne pepper can help to ease your sore throat, ulcers, irritating and spasmodic coughs, diarrhea and allergy symptoms.
2. Digestive tract–using cayenne pepper either as a supplement or as a spice can help stimulate your digestive tract, increasing the flow of gastric juices and enzyme production. This will help aid your body in metabolizing toxins and food. It can also help to relieve intestinal gas.
3. Stimulate saliva production—this is important to help you maintain optimal oral health and great digestion.
4. Bleeding wounds—if you have any bleeding wound you can put some cayenne pepper powder directly on it to help stop the bleeding along with helping it to heal with minimal scar formation or even no scar at all.
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper for Your Heart
5. Stroke or heart attacks—cayenne pepper enables fibrinolytic activity, which is the ability of some proteolytic enzymes to dissolve fibrin. Fibrin is a component of the process of your blood clotting and if it is excessive it can cause a blood clot inside your blood vessel. When the excessive fibrin is dissolved it can help to prevent strokes or heart attacks.
6. Reduce atherosclerosis—this is “hardening of the arteries.” By reducing hardening of the arteries, it can help lower your blood pressure.
7. Plaque—it can help to remove and keep it from adhering to your arteries along with cleaning your arteries.
8. Helps when suffering a heart attack—if someone is having a heart attack put some cayenne pepper in a cup of water to drink. This drink will supply vital nutrients to your heart along with improving the circulation of your blood by thinning your blood, raises your body temperature, rebuilds blood cells, and removing toxins from your blood.
9. High blood pressure—it can help level out your blood pressure to a normal level. Cayenne pepper can help to equalize the blood pressure in your veins and arteries instantly by regulating your blood flow from your head to your feet. It can also remove any blockages in your arteries.
10. LDL cholesterol—this is considered “bad” cholesterol and is not healthy for your body, so using cayenne pepper can help get rid of some of it so it balances out with good cholesterol.
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss
11. Less of an appetite–from a study that was done it was found that using cayenne pepper or taking a supplement at breakfast seem to cause you to have a less of an appetite. This can lead to taking in fewer calories during the day.
12. Raises your body’s natural temperature—when this happens, it can increase your metabolism. This means your body absorbs nutrients efficiently and digesting food more quickly. When your metabolism is elevated it will transfer calories into energy and helps curb your habit of overeating.
13. Increase in your energy level—in a glass of hot water; add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to get a boost of energy. When your energy level is increased you will find yourself not only wanting to exercise, but will be able to do so without tiring out too soon. Exercising is an important key point in losing weight. Drinking the hot cayenne pepper works great with your aerobic exercise regimen. When you have the energy to increase the intensity level of your exercise regimen you will be able to increase the amount of fat and calories burn.
14. Increase your blood circulation—when your blood circulation is increased you are able to give your body more oxygen, especially when you are doing cardiovascular exercises.
15. Vitamin A—boosts immunity, prevents reverses aging of your skin, shortens durations of diseases, speeds wound healing, builds resistance to respiratory infections.
16. Vitamin K—promotes proper blood clotting, helps protect against osteoporosis.
17. B-complex vitamins—includes vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, and some of the many benefits of these B-complex vitamins include improving mental ability, helps control diabetes, protects against anemia, relieves migraine headaches, lowers cholesterol, helps fight infections by building antibodies, helps prevent fatigue, boosts immunity, energizes your body, etc.
18. Vitamin C—fights cancer, combats cardiovascular disease, lowers cholesterol, helps increase your life span, combats gum disease, encourages the absorption of iron.
19. Dietary Fiber—can help normalize your bowel movements, soften your stool.
20. Magnesium—can help keep your blood pressure normal, keep your heart rhythm steady, and helps keep your bones strong.
21. Iron—it helps your muscles use and store oxygen, helps prevent anemia with the right amount of iron in your diet.
22. Zinc—keeps your immune system strong, supports normal growth, and helps heal wounds.
23. Potassium—this mineral helps to make sure that your kidneys, heart, and other organs work right.
How to Enjoy the Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
1. Drink cayenne pepper, tea– each day stir cayenne pepper it into hot water. You can add molasses and lemon juice to give you additional health benefits and more flavors. For a mug of hot water you can add from one fourth to one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, but the exact amount will depend on your tolerance for the spice as it can be quite hot. Drink it in the morning to help with total body detoxification.
2. Take a supplement–if you do not want to expose your taste buds to the hot spicy taste you can take the cayenne pepper supplements as part of your daily supplement regimen.
3. Seasoning–you can use it as a seasoning for a variety of dishes like chili, beans, etc.